UK & China: Fixed and Floating Offshore Wind
The Global Business Innovation Programme, organised by Innovate UK and delivered by Innovate UK EDGE, consists of a preparation phase, a range of targeted innovation activities focussed on the Chinese offshore wind sector, a post-activity exploitation workshop and support of approximately 12 months from an Innovate UK EDGE Innovation and Growth Specialist, helping your business maximise the opportunities identified, including developing innovation projects with partners in the territory. This initiative will be delivered virtually.
Innovate UK is committed to ensure that anyone, from any background, has an equal opportunity to be successful.
Focus Areas: This initiative is particularly relevant for businesses in the areas of:
- Fixed and Floating Offshore Wind & associated infrastructure sectors
- Innovations to enable or improve installation.
- Operation & maintenance
- Data management and whole system integration with electricity network, such as:- Remote inspection, Maintenance technologies, Strategic or operational planning and modelling
- As part of the due diligence process there will be a review of these technologies considering Government regulations etc, and a balanced portfolio.
Why Market: China is the world’s largest offshore wind market having recently overtaken the UK with 11.3GW of total installed capacity by the end of June 2024, and 3,63GW of new capacity added in the first 6 months of 2021 alone. China is expected to contribute 63% of global installed offshore wind in 2021 and add a further 73GW by 2030.
- Explore offshore wind energy opportunities in China
- Gain a better understanding of the challenges and opportunities of doing business in China
- Find potential innovation collaborators and partners and develop your network in the UK and globally
- Improve your company value proposition to international partners and investors
This initiative is open for applications until 5th November.