Find out how Eastern New Energy can help you to reduce your organisation’s carbon footprint so you can get on with running your business
We provide an overview of the support ENE is offering to SMEs in Hertfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Peterborough, Norfolk & Suffolk free of charge.
Site Energy Assessments
- SMEs with total energy spend > £5k/year
- Typically ‘medium’ SMEs e.g. manufacturers, large offices, large retail, hospitality.
- Evaluation of site energy consumption from historic data
- Site survey to identify energy saving opportunities
- Assessment of site suitability for renewables.
- Costed recommendations report & advice on implementation
Vehicle Fleet Audits
Who? SMEs with 5+ vehicles (either company owned or grey fleet)
What? Audit report comparing whole life cost and carbon emissions of current vehicle fleet with the equivalent electric vehicle (EV) fleet.
- Which electric vehicles are suitable for the fleet?
- How much will it save (or cost) to switch?
- What carbon savings will be achieved from switching?
- Advice on charging infrastructure?
Grants to install low carbon technologies
Who? SMEs seeking capital grant for carbon reducing technology.
- Projects that reduce carbon emissions (e.g. solar, LED lights, heating controls, motor upgrades).
- The grant covers 20-25% of project capital cost.
- Minimum grant is £1,000. There is no maximum.
- Projects worth > £25k must go out to tender for 6 weeks.
- Projects worth < £25k must get 3 quotes
Net zero carbon planning
Who? Larger businesses wishing to develop a net zero carbon action plan.
- Understand business carbon emissions & how to monitor them.
- Assessment of “Scope 3” or indirect CO2e emissions
- Help to write a net zero carbon policy & develop an action plan.
- Follow up 1-2-1 support .
Who? SME Innovators wishing to bring a new low carbon product or service to market.
- Support to identify a route to market.
- Guidance through creation of a data management plan (DMP).
- Advice and support on raising finance or applying for grants.
- Support to develop a comprehensive business plan.
Decarbonisation of industrial estates
Who? Landlords, owners or management companies of business parks and industrial estates.
- Assistance to identify suitable roofs for solar PV.
- Support to monitor and manage energy consumption through installation of advanced metering.
- Support to set up or employ an Energy Services Company to manage energy flows on an estate-wide basis.