An employer event on Being an Inclusive Employer is being hosted by Cambridgeshire County Council and Peterborough City Council
The event will see employers – and both councils – explain the benefits of an inclusive workforce. Including but not limited to employing disabled people, those with autism, and/or a range of neurodiverse conditions. The event will also highlight what changes organisations can make in the workplace to become more inclusive.
The virtual seminar is taking place on 25 March, from 10.30-12 pm, and will allow for open discussion about:
- The positive impact of being an inclusive employer
- Learning more about neurodiversity
- Information on disability awareness
- Quick wins: the small but powerful adjustments that can make an inclusive workplace
- The long-term actions employers should consider as an inclusive employer
- A Q&A session
It is hoped that the virtual seminar will generate greater awareness of the associated benefits of being an inclusive employer and will increase the number of people that can gain paid employment locally.