The Kickstart Scheme is now live!
The scheme will create hundreds of thousands of high quality 6-month work placements aimed at young people ages 16 to 24 who are at risk of long term unemployment.
Funding available for each job will cover 100% of the relevant National Minimum Wage for 25 hours a week, plus the associated employer National Insurance contributions and employer minimum automatic enrolment contributions.
To help smaller businesses, employers offering fewer than 30 placements will be asked to make a bid through an intermediary, who will then bid for 30 or more placements as a combined bid.
- If you are an employer looking to create job placements for young people, register your details below and a member of our team will be in touch to help you with your application
Changes to the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
The Government’s Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme is changing.
- From 1 September the government will pay 70% and employers will pay 10% of employees’ wages for the time they are being furloughed. Employers will also continue to pay their National Insurance and pension contributions.
- From 1 October the government will pay 60% and employers will pay 20% of employees’ wages for the time they are being furloughed. Employers will also continue to pay their National Insurance and pension contributions.
- You will continue to pay employees wages at the contracted rate for the hours they work for you
- The scheme ends on 31 October. Find out more here.
Business Support Helpline FREEPHONE 0800 998 1098