ACT NOW TO PREPARE YOUR BUSINESS FOR NEW RULES ON 01 JAN 2021
There are now under 50 days until the end of the transition period and the current rules on trading with the EU will no longer apply. Businesses will see changes whether the UK reaches an agreement with the EU or not.
Regardless of whether the UK reaches a trade agreement with the EU, from 1 January there will be guaranteed changes to:
- The way your business can import and export goods
- The process your business follows for hiring people from the EU
- The way your business will be able to provide services in EU markets
Unless you take action, there is a risk your business operations will be interrupted. You should also check with your suppliers and customers that they are taking action.
Businesses will play an essential role in ensuring a smooth end to the transition period and Central Government will be there to support you.
Help is available. To best prepare your business you can:
- Check what actions you need to take by visiting gov.uk/transition
- Contact the Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Combined Authority Growth Hub to receive dedicated one-to-one support for your business.
- Attend government webinars for additional support, you can sign up to attend BEIS webinars using the link below.