Drafting an employee development plan is a good place to start because you can both discuss what results you want from the staff training, and focus on exactly what type of course(s) will be the most beneficial.
Once a programme of action is agreed, you can start research to find the most appropriate courses. There are a good number of schemes and organisations that can help, including:
- Business Events Finder
- Investors in People
- National Careers Service which can also advise on qualifications and funding, such as:
- Grants and bursaries which don’t have to be repaid
- Professional and Career Development Loans – reduced interest rate loans where the government pays the interest while studying takes place
- Discretionary Learner Support – for people 19 or over
- Advanced Learning Loans – for people 24 or over
Employees may have the right to time off work for training, so make sure you know the facts.