It’s the place to:
- register your company
- file an annual return or your company accounts
- tell them about changes to your company e.g. directors joining or leaving
- close a company
- find information about a company
- report a company for fraudulent filing of company information
Her Majesty’s Treasury (HMT) is the government’s economic and finance ministry, which is working to achieve sustainable economic growth.
Small businesses can therefore apply to HMT for loans via:
- A Bank of England scheme which allows banks/building societies to borrow at cheaper rates, so they can then lend to SMEs at lower interest rates.
- The independent British business bank which brings together public and private sector funds to create more effective finance markets for smaller UK businesses.