Any eligible business seeking to invest in growth, can apply for a grant that may be used to fund up to 80% or 90% towards the costs of that investment, for example, purchasing goods or services to help start or grow your business.
Read below what’s on offer for entrepreneurs thinking of starting a business via the Start Programme, or for micro businesses (trading up to 3 years and with less than 3 staff) via the Grow Programme. To be eligible you must be located in Peterborough, Huntingdonshire or Fenland. Also check out our Grants FAQ page for more answers to the questions you may have.
Grants for entrepreneurs via the Start Programme
The ‘Start’ programme is for individuals wanting to explore enterprise, possibly for the first time. This intensive pre- start business programme will combine information sessions, workshops, online learning, mentoring, networking and peer support. Download the brochure here
Individuals who complete the Start programme will receive help to develop a viable plan to develop their business idea, pre-qualify for investment through grant funding and launch their business.
Grants are matched to fit your business need, based on your application, and your business plan. Grants will average £9k with a 10% match funding requirement. For example if your total costs are £10k, the grant offered will be £9k with you (the entrepreneur) contributing the final £1k towards the costs of your purchases.
In order for you to qualify for the ‘Start’ programme, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be an individual with a business based in the in Peterborough, Huntingdonshire or Fenland areas
- Commit to completing our Start Programme.
- Commit to completing a business start-up (‘Start’) plan.
- Agree to complete a Grant Application and Claim Form, and provide receipts and invoices etc. to evidence spend of this grant.
Grants for micro-businesses via the Grow Programme?
Our ‘Grow’ programme is for existing early-stage businesses with the desire to grow but lacking skills and investment to do so. Your business must have been trading for up to 3 years and you must employ 3 or less FTE staff. Download the brochure here
The Grow programme can support business to expand into new markets, create more jobs or increase profitability and productivity.
Participating businesses who complete this support programme will be pre-qualified to compete for investment. Grants will range from around £2k to larger grants of up to £30k, with a 20% match funding requirement. For example, if your total growth plan costs are £15k, the grant offered will be £12.5k with your business contributing £2.5k towards the cost of your purchases.
In order for yourself or your business to qualify for the ‘Grow’ strand of the Start and Grow programme, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be an SME (i.e. have a turnover of less than £44m) with 3 employees or less, and trading for less than 3 years.
- Be an independent SME business based in the Peterborough, Huntingdonshire or Fenland areas.
- Commit to completing our Grow Programme.
- Commit to completing a business growth plan.
- Agree to complete a grant application and returns form, and provide receipts and invoices etc. to evidence spend of this grant.
- Not be in or going through the process of administration, insolvency or striking off proceedings.
Read our Grants FAQs here