Who are Verizon?
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world, connecting millions of people, companies and communities globally with powerful technology. Using award-winning networks to make breakthroughs in interactive entertainment, digital media, the Internet of Things (IoT) and enterprise services for customers, to deliver the promise of the digital world.
About the challenge
The Unloc Enterprise Challenge is an online entrepreneurship competition looking for people aged 16-25 with fresh, new and innovative technology led business ideas. They are reaching out to a Pan-European audience in our search for a great start-up business.
Unloc is a social enterprise on a mission to empower young people to be innovative change makers. They strive to encourage entrepreneurial thinking amongst 16-25 year olds and promote alternative career pathways. With the support of our partner Verizon, Unloc believe this competition provides a valuable platform that gives young people the chance to promote their creative business ideas.
Applicants will compete to win the overall prize at the grand final:
- £10,000 of funding for their start-up business
- A mentorship package to accelerate their idea
- Finalist runners up will receive £1,000 of funding for their start-up business
Applications will be judges on three key factors:
- Technology innovation
How to Apply
- Record a short video of yourself. The video needs to be a minimum of 60 seconds and a maximum of 90 seconds – remember to explain how your idea meets the three criteria!
- Go www.unlocenterprisechallenge.com and hit the apply button. Fill out the application form and submit your video. Then sit tight and wait to hear from the judges: finalists are announced on 25th November
Rules & Eligibility
Applications will only be accepted from:
- Individuals between the ages of 16 and 25 years on the 1st January 2020
- Residents and/or citizens of a mainland European country
Business proposals must meet the following criteria:
- Be legal in all mainland European countries
- Be wither a pre-start (not yet trading); or not have been trading for more than 3 years and have an annual turnover of less than £100,000 on 1st January 2020
- Not have the purpose of political lobbying
- Be the applicant’s own idea and not infringe on the copyright, patent or intellectual property of others
- Immediate family members of the judging panel are not eligible to apply